Previous posts

Thursday 20 March 2014

Questions, Questions

I am someone who questions most things. It seems silly to say, but if I don't understand something or agree with it, I question it. It's gotten me into trouble because a lot of people don't like answering questions or don't want to feel like they're being questioned. Or justify what they're doing and why. Which is understandable. Often I'm wrong, but often, I'm right. Which is probably why I keep doing it - because the risk is worth taking.

The result? I find myself fighting constantly for things on my own, things which most other people would let go of and not worry so much about. I'm just not someone who can stand by and watch injustice happen, especially when it hits close to home. But when you're the only one standing up to something or someone, it gets exhausting - to over think, over analyse, and keep fighting back, sometimes in vain. That's when I think it would be easier to just go with the flow and not worry so much about what's 'right' and 'wrong'. It's when I think I should just stop and not get bogged down with so much worry and anxiety. It takes far less strength to lie there and be still than to try to get up when you've been beaten down over and over again.

Maybe I just need to pick my battles and learn to let go of those I can't control. Maybe, just sometimes, it is easier to just give up...

No comments:

Post a Comment